Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Mmmmmmmm.... Morning.....

We don't have a terrible setup as things go.  I can't stay up past 10:00 or so, but I wake up really early.  Jenni often has trouble falling asleep, but can sleep in very well once she finally does fall asleep.  Granted, needing to pump interrupts her, but this may be the best it gets for awhile.  :)  I've also heard from a reliable source that once we get comfortable with a routine, she'll change it on us.  Ah well, I can't say no to her.  This child is going to have me wrapped around her finger, and I think she already knows it.

Still got a lot to learn.  So far Gwen doesn't cry much, and I for one haven't yet learned the differences between them.  We keep checking the video monitor every 5 minutes to see if she's awake.  At what point do we swoop in to keep her from going into a full-fledged cry?  The milk just doesn't heat up quickly enough when she's hungry.  I can't tell if the diaper is wet if it's already dirty.  I can get her to fall asleep on me when she's very worked up, but then what?  If I move, she wakes back up mad again.  Watched 2 hours of Mythbusters straight last night since I was afraid to move.

Also need to decide whether a section 529 plan for Gwen to go to college, simply pay off our (substantial) school debt, or some mix of the two.  Need to set up a will ASAP, or would a trust make more sense for us?  Need to set up a day-care flex spending account - or would the child-care tax credit be better?  And we've got a few W-4s (and K-4s, and an MO W-4) to adjust for our new (and very cute) tax exemption.  I hate money, I really do.

Bah, that's enough of an early--morning rant for me.  I've made at least one spelling error each sentence so far.  Need another cup of coffee.  Or is it another pot of coffee?  I just can't remember...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Luke, how about, just for this year, get a nice expensive tax advisor? Not the cheapy kind with the statue of liberty costume on, but someone who wears a suit. We did last year because of the little tax write off and boy, that tax guy was worth every cent. He found lots and lots of money for us. Give yourself a break-you have A LOT going on right now and someone else may be better at finding all the money the government owes you for having such a cute baby. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS We were always waking Cyrus up (he slept with us the first few months) to make sure he was still alive. Actually, we still do that sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuppers, got an accountant on hire. Don't know what I'd do without her - the Kansas/Missouri tax thing is painful enough without having to figure all this out too...

    ReplyDelete