Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So tired...

Worrying wears me out.  Just had Gwen asleep on my chest for 2 hours in the NICU.  Every time she moved I was up checking on her.  The IV is delicate and its line needs to be handled carefully so I was effectively locked in one place trying to hold her body, head, and IV line in 2 hands.  Not a restful time for me, but she seemed happy with it.  She needs the rest more than me I think.

Need to post more pics of Gwen in the NICU, but I left the camera with Jenn.  Bah.

Time for a nap for me now.

1 comment:

  1. While the NICU can be scary and stressful, it can be a blessing in a lot of ways. 1 - you have excellent doctors taking care of Gwen and they'll make sure she's ready to go home , 2 - you have the time as new parents to learn how to take care of her - take advantage of lessons in diaper changing, feeding, etc., and 3 - you can actually get a little bit of sleep and charge up before you bring her home with you. It'll all work out. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete