Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Quiet day

Not much going on today; we seem to be in a bit of a holding pattern.  The ophthalmologist won't be by until Friday, and we haven't gotten much in the way of test results back.  Her platelets are up and billiruben is down, plus she's gained enough weight to be back up to her birth weight. 

Yesterday was more exciting - Gwen finally latched on and ate!  This is huge, so we're quite happy.  It wore her out, but she's had a couple of feeds in last night and today.  The nurses are still feeding her via the nose tube every other time though; they feel that she's not strong enough to do it every 3 hours yet.

After talking to Jess (mother of twins and NICU veteran) I decided to try to go back to work a bit this week on her advice.  I spent today there and it went OK.  I had a lot to catch up on, and I was very groggy all morning, but I started getting some good work done in the afternoon.  I think it's better for me emotionally because it lets me feel useful again; there's only so many hours I can take sitting in a chair watching my baby sleep in a box. 

Jenni's still boarding in the hospital and got moved again.  The hospital seems a bit strange on this front.  Oh well, it's still free.  She got some good sleep last night and is much happier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment